Swimply is proud to have a truly wonderful community of Hosts and Guests who make meaningful and valuable connections with each other, each and every day. We believe that everyone should feel supported and welcomed when interacting with others in the Swimply Community. Our Community Guidelines, outlined below, help us ensure our community remains a safe enjoyable space for all users. The guiding principles of our Community Guidelines are as follows:
Ensure the safety of our community
Treat all members with respect
Be considerate of the surrounding community
Pillar 1: Ensure the Safety of the Community
Swimply's users deserve to feel safe and comfortable at a reservation. Below, you'll find some best practices to ensure everyone's safety:
- Review our Water Safety Guidelines prior to your reservation.
- Follow the guidelines set forth in the Alcohol and Drugs policy.
- Keep all communication on the platform by using our secure messaging system.
- Do not share your account or personally-identifying information, such as your phone number or home address, with other Users.
- Do not exchange funds off-platform via cash, Zelle, Venmo, etc.
- Please report any suspicious behavior to Customer Care.
- Additionally, we ask users not to keep unsecured weapons, disease risks, or dangerous animals at a listing, nor should they create conditions that increase the likelihood of a fire or impede escape in the event of an emergency.
We do not allow content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is sexually explicit, violent, graphic, threatening, or harassing in nature. It is against our policy to act in a manner that is confrontational, aggressive, or rude towards another user. This includes disrespectful gestures, words, and actions as well as repeated bullying or harassment. Read about our policies regarding physical and verbal assault and weapons.
Furthermore, Swimply does not tolerate sexual misconduct of any kind. Sexual misconduct refers to sexual contact or behavior without the explicit consent of the other person. Repeated or serious violations of our sexual misconduct policy will result in removal from the platform without the opportunity for reinstatement.
Learn more about the different ways we protect our users, including our background checks by reviewing Swimply's Commitment to Safety.
Pillar 2: Treat all Members with Respect
It is important to respect the personal space, privacy, and boundaries of all members in our community. Some of the best ways to do this include refraining from commenting on another member’s appearance, discussing their relationship status, or asking about religious or political beliefs.
- Do not ask personal questions (for example, relationship status or political opinions).
- Do not comment on appearance (for example, derogatory or “complimentary” comments).
- Do not make explicit comments or gestures (for example, slurs or graphic descriptions of violence).
- Do not share indecent or sexually suggestive material (for example, graphic descriptions of a sexual nature or images where poses, camera angles, or props reasonably suggest sexual activity).
Respecting Others' Space
- No sexual activity should occur during reservations, regardless of whether all parties give their consent.
- Control your pet(s). Ensure they are not harming other people or things, and that they remain quiet during quiet hours. Guests should make sure their pets are being kept in accordance with a Host's on or off-leash policy.
- Clean up after yourself. At Swimply, we often find that our Users go the extra mile by leaving a space even better than they found it.
In addition to respecting our users, Swimply is dedicated to the equitable treatment of all community members as outlined in our Commitment to Fair Treatment.
Pillar 3: Be Considerate of the Surrounding Community
At its core, Swimply’s purpose is to encourage meaningful interactions and foster relationships within communities. During a reservation, it is important that all users respect the rules of the surrounding community. For this reason, smoking in close proximity to neighbors or in prohibited areas, littering, making excessive noise, obstructing a neighbor’s access to their home, or other agitating behaviors are strongly discouraged and repeated violation will incur penalties.
For Guests, this includes:
- Maintaining a respectful volume level throughout your reservation
- Ensuring all members of your party follow your Host’s stated rules
- Ensuring proper disposal of trash in designated receptacles
- Being conscientious of your Host’s rules, such as the number of cars and Guests allowed in their neighborhood.
For Hosts, this also includes:
- Being aware of and following local ordinances
- Being respectful of close neighbors by limiting party sizes or frequency and maintaining a reasonable volume
- Educating Guests on local rules and expectations prior to the start of the reservation
We appreciate each and every one of our amazing Hosts and Guests who work to make our community a safe, respected, and welcoming space by following our community guidelines. In the event that an issue arises, or if you have questions or concerns about our guidelines, please click here.
In the event of a legal or emergent safety concern, please always contact the appropriate first responders prior to contacting Swimply
*If Swimply and local, state, or federal law do not have stated policies or laws regarding a topic, Swimply refers to a Host’s right to set their own rules.
*Users must be 21+ years old to have a Swimply account and must be present at reservations made with their account.