Guest use of your grill should only be allowed if you follow these safety guidelines:
Preparation & regular cleaning
- If you didn’t clean your grill and the collection trays during the colder months, it’s important to do so before sharing it with Guests
- Thoroughly clean your grill inside and out. Check the fuel lines and hoses on gas grills for any signs of damage or rot, and check that your charcoal grill is sturdy and ready for use.
After each use, make sure the grill is clean and ready for next reservation. Check your grill's filter regularly and promptly remove debris like leaves, pine needles, and twigs.
- Once your grill is clean and fueled, make sure it is safely situated away from your pool in a well-ventilated outdoor area.
- Remind Guests to never leave the grill unattended and to keep small children away from the grill
- Guests are not to swap out the grill's gas tank under any circumstances
Guidelines for grill types
- Have the cover open when lighting the grill to prevent a buildup of propane gas.
- Use the built-in electric ignition if possible.
- Only turn on the propane when you are ready to light the grill, and if it does not light quickly, turn off the propane and allow the unit to vent and then restart a few minutes later.
- Keep the top of the grill open so the propane vents away from the grill.
- Never let the propane continue to run without the unit being lit. This will create a very serious condition that may result in the propane flash fire.
- Follow all the safety information that comes with your propane grill.
- Charcoal barbeque grilling
- When lighting the soaked briquettes, use a lighter with an extension and light from the bottom of the grill if possible, as the flames will move upward when it lights up and you don’t want your hand near this fire.
- Resist the temptation to spray more lighter fluid on the burning coals, especially if there is an active flame.
- Never use gasoline to start any grill fires or any other fires for that matter. It is extremely flammable and is difficult to control.